- 1 lb coarse ground lamb
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp TurmeriX
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3-4 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 eggs
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl making sure the ground lamb is fridge temperature and season with salt.
- Using a wooden spoon or preferably latex gloves mix or knead the mixture for around five minutes or until the mixture is well-blended.
- Divide the mixture into four portions.
- One portion at a time shape the mixture into a patty shape making a dimple with your thumb in the center of each patty.
- Using a hot fry pan with a few tablespoons of oil or a griddle brushed with oil, cook each patty for approximately 3 minutes on each side of medium heat.
With your burger patty you can create your own burgers using toasted bread/burger buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, tomato sauce etc. For something special, add ½ teaspoon TurmeriX to ½ cup mayonnaise to spread on your burger buns. (Makes 4 burgers)
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.