- 5 cardamom pods
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¾ inch piece of ginger, finely diced
- ½ vanilla bean, sliced lengthways and chopped
- 1 tbsp TurmeriX
- 2 bags Ceylon tea
- In a spice grinder or mortar and pestle grind up spices and contents of tea bags.
- Place in bowl or 1 quart measuring jug.
- Bring kettle to a boil and leave to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup hot water into the jug and add the honey and stir. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of soy milk to the jug (according to taste) and stir. Let stand till cool.
This is your chai tea, it can be kept in the fridge for a few days if needed. Bear in mind, the longer it stands the stronger it will become. To serve: strain required amount into a small pot over low heat but do not boil. Serve at around 160°F.
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.