1. Write it down...Writing down what it is you want to do is the first step to successfully achieve health goals. The physical act of writing it down on paper gets it out of your head and puts it in front of you. It doesn’t matter how ambitious they may seem or how many goals you have. Just write them down, and know that nothing is impossible!
2. ...then put that list somewhere you'll see it every day!Placing your list somewhere visible is a great step toward achieving your personal health goals. Don't just leave it in your notebook or on your computer. Tape it up on the bathroom mirror or put it on the fridge door, where you're sure to see it every day! Seeing your health goals as often as possible can help a lot with achieving them. Consider it a friendly reminder that will help keep you motivated.
3. Tell people!Talk to friends and family about your health goals and encourage them to check in on your progress. This will keep you accountable! The extra encouragement will also help you stay motivated, pushing you to achieve health goals even more.
4. Take it one step at a timeDon't overdo it by trying to achieve 10 different health goals at once. Changing something about your lifestyle is best achieved gradually. Trying to change too much at the same time can end up overwhelming you or result in a quick rebound right back to where you started. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint!
5. Be patientBe patient with yourself, nothing happens overnight! If your goal is to lose 10lbs, keep in mind that this will take time. Don't fret if you haven't lost weight in two weeks. Losing weight that rapidly would be detrimental to your health. Be patient and celebrate the progress you've made. When you remember this, you won't lose sight of how to achieve health goals.
6. Watch motivational videosThere are hundreds of motivational health videos online. Sometimes these are the best kind of remedy when we feel like giving up! It’s one thing to get started pursuing health goals, it’s another to keep going when you feel like you can’t. Find someone who inspires you to stay motivated and subscribe to their YouTube channel.
7. Plan ahead
This is something that lets most people down when it comes to achieving their health goals. Life happens... but rather than putting aside your goals, consider a different method of exercise. Try doing some yoga stretches in your bedroom or go for a run down the block. There's always something you can do! If your focus is on improving your diet and you happen to work every day, it can be hard not to grab a fast-food or processed lunch or forget to eat entirely. Making the effort to put time aside and prepare your meals for the week would help so much with achieving this goal. Dedicate a day where you will spend a few hours cooking and prepping meals.
Achieving health goals is easier said than done. These tips can help you successfully achieve heal goals by staying on track and motivated. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you simply do what feels right for you. If you listen to your body, it will always tell you what you need!
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.